The latest edition of Learning Connections, a news magazine from the UW-Madison School of Education, is now available online.
The Summer 2016 issue is filled with exciting news about School of Education faculty, staff, students and alumni. A pdf of the Summer 2016 Learning Connections is available here.
Summer 2016 edition highlights include:
• Letter from the Dean: Diana Hess reflects on the value of the Morgridge Center for Public Service, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary at UW-Madison
• News and notes: Check out highlights from across the School over the past six months
• Honors and awards
• Media mentions: Faculty and staff from across the School were noted in a range of media reports during the Spring 2016 semester
• Morgridge Center for Public Service: Celebrating 20 years of bridging campus and community
• Curriculum and Instruction: New website helps educators teach about American Indian nations
• Educational Policy Studies: Bianca Baldridge to use post-doctoral fellowship for ‘Exploring Race and Educational Opportunity within Community-based Education’
• Educational Psychology: ‘Purple State’ virtual internship teaches high school students about political communications
• Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis: Nicholas Hillman finds market-driven policies often fall short in higher education reform efforts
• Counseling Psychology: Unique partnership between training clinic, First Wave brings culturally relevant counseling services to students
• Student news
• Class notes: Read about what School of Education alums have been up to, broken down by decade -– 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s.
• Best-of-the-best: Meet the School’s 2016 Faculty and Staff Distinguished Achievement Award winners
• Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education: Noel Radomski leads workshop in Oman